HOMEABOUT CONTACTLINKLOVE

Monday, October 1, 2012

Weekend Review... Is it really fall...??

How is it Monday already...??  Ugh.  I am not feeling work lately, so it's not easy to get up and motivated for the day.  Hopefully I will get out of this funk soon.  

My weekend was pretty mellow. It was warm, sunny, and not very "fall" like at all.  I have a few lovely phone/instagram pics to share.

It started a bit early Friday, when we had a  potluck/BBQ at work for lunch...  That always makes the day go by a little faster!   We had a pretty nice spread of food.  Burgers and dogs on the grill outside and tons of salads, chips/dips, cookies and more for dessert. (I contributed crock pot meatballs in BBQ sauce.)  One of our IT guys used to work as a chef and made a hotel-brunch-worthy fruit plate.  He even served it on a mirror!  :-)  
Needless to say, Friday afternoon was not extremely productive.  
(#foodcoma)
Friday evening I hung out at home with my MIL and watched the pilot/premiere of the TV show my little cousin works on!  (OK, she is like 23 years old but she was born when I was 12 or 13 and will always be my "baby" cousin to me.)  The show is called Made in Jersey, on CBS, and my cousin is a production assistant.  She was a film major, and it's her first job in "Hollywood".  The whole family is super excited for her.  


Saturday I went shoe shopping with my BF, which mainly consisted of me wandering the store (or the store next door) and buying a few kitchen items. (Oh, and a doggy Halloween costume! Can not wait to see how that goes down!)  
Then my MIL and I went to the Padres game Saturday night.  It was our last game of the season that we had tickets to.  Until next spring, Padres!  We'll miss you.  At least they got on a hot streak at the end of the season.  I think the last 5 games I have been to were Padres wins!  It's always more fun to go the games when they are winning.  :-) 



Sunday...It was hot around these parts!  The BF and I wandered Target in the air conditioning for an hour or so. And somehow bought close to $200 worth of random stuff...?  That place is like a black hole of money.  
But we did get some necessities, OK and maybe one or two non-necessities. 
Then we came home and changed a few light bulbs and smoke detector batteries. I did a bit of laundry, caught up on some DVR stuff, and helped the BF try to figure out a rattle on his truck.  Then we went to  Fuddruckers for dinner.  Really, you can never go wrong with Fuddruckers! The sauces, the hot cheese, the buns!  We came home stuffed and happy and went to bed pretty early.  

That was my weekend.  How was yours?      

Linking up with a few lovely ladies....






2 comments:

Janna Renee said...

I LOVE potlucks! That one looks especially yummy. I hope you get out of your funk soon too! PS. I went to Target today and for the first time EVER, I walked out with nothing. Definitely a first.

English Anderson said...

Love the pictures! Thanks so much for linking up with me, it looks like you had quite a fun weekend :)