HOMEABOUT CONTACTLINKLOVE

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Care Package UPDATE!


Hola amigos!

 It's been a few months since I sent my Care Packs ... 


 to Janna's husband and his fellow soldiers in Afghanistan...
 but the 2 boxes did get there a little while back and I was so happy to see Janna post some pics about the arrival!  I don't (currently) know anyone who is serving and I am not from a military family or anything, but I do work with and am friends with quite a few military wives.  Janna's post about some soldiers never getting mail was sad and inspiring.  I like to think I got some bonus Karma points for putting these packages together.  I hope they brightened a few soldiers' days! (Thanks to Janna for the pics below!)


Yep, this is my package! (One of two.) 

Inspection...? I think they might be taking first dibs.  ;-)


For the ladies....these are a few of the items specifically for women that I included in the ladies package.


This picture is so great! I am humbled to think that this little gesture on my end can make their lives a little brighter while they are away from home and serving our country.   


Thanks again to Janna for the idea, and the examples of what to send, and the instructions for how to mail the boxes, and the address to send them to!
ALSO - big thanks to her husband, Will,  for taking all of the "package arrival" pics!!  :-)

Perception Is Everything

2 comments:

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

You have the cutest blog! Omg I love the theme! Peter Pan is a big fav of mine too! So freaking cute!

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said...

This makes me so happy to see people who go above and beyond to make someone elses day!