HOMEABOUT CONTACTLINKLOVE

Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekend Musings...

I started a post about last weekend (Labor Day) on my day off Monday but never got it published!  
So I'm doubling up this week.  :-)  

LAST WEEKEND (Labor Day):

Saturday -
We did a bunch of chores around house (laundry, dishes/kitchen, some watering and weeding and staking things up in the garden)
I hit up Target (new sheets, browsed clothes/shoes/jewelery...of course)
We had dinner out, at Firefly, a nice restaurant on Mission Bay. (I've been there once before, *here* is my post about it.)  They have an insanely good brie cheese plate. 


Sunday -
We hit up Home Depot for grill fuel.
Got some groceries at Sprouts.
Then - we cooked!!  cheese (stuffed) burgers, grilled artichoke, cucumber salad!

Monday - (bonus!)
Some more laundry...blah. And some other chores around the house.
Went to the bike shop with the BF. 
While I caught up on some blog reading (finally!!), my BF spent some time working on his motorcycle for the upcoming desert season.
Then - we cooked, again!  We had a few friends over and made: hot wings, more (the rest of the) artichokes, grilled halloumi and watermelon salad, and grilled strawberries to top it all off.   YUM! 

            1) Grilled artichokes (yep, again)
                                                       2) Cucumber and Tomato Salad                                            
             3) Watermelon and Grilled Halloumi Cheese Salad (OMG)
         4) Grilled Strawberries (yep, again!)




THIS WEEKEND:

Friday -
Padres game with the MIL.  They won!  It's always more fun to see a win.  :-) 



Saturday -
Laundry and some dishes while watching Kardashians.  (I don't try to watch it but sometimes I get sucked in on the weekends!)
Lazy afternoon playing with the dogs and hanging on the couch.
Grilled tri-tip and sausages for dinner!


Sunday -
I was not feeling so hot.  The weather cooled down so I took advantage of it and lay around watching Lonesome Dove on the BFs recliner while he hung out at his brother's house to watch some football.
We went to Bay Park Fish Co for some happy hour fish tacos and crab cakes. YUM.
Watched Dodgers/Giants game on Sunday night baseball!  Go Dodgers!!


I sure did like that 3 day weekend (and 4 day work week) last week.  
Not looking forward to Monday!  :-(






You can follow me on Instagram here
                             
And  here on Pinterest...
Follow Me on Pinterest

My food blog is here:  Eating in Neverland

And I have (once in a blue moon) contributed to this smart, funny, 
and fabulous book review site: The Reader's Cafe.



4 comments:

bonbon said...

Girl you've got to start posting your recipes! All of that food looks amazing! Grilled strawberries? I've never even heard of such a thing. And the tomato cucumber salad looks to die for! Just fond your blog and have really enjoyed getting to know you better. I'm excited to follow along!

new follower :)
bonnie
bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

jes @ twosmuppies said...

i think i lost consciousness after that brie cheese plate. that looks heavenly!

Brie Bemis @ Sophistifunk said...

that cheese plate looks so beyond delicious!
p.s. i'm your newest follower :)

xo brie
www.sophistifunkblog.com

alwayslovinglife said...

KUWTK sucks me in on Sundays as well:-) I can't help myself! I love your blog! Congrats on your nomination...I'm your newest follower:-) Stop by @AllRoadsLeadtoHomeLove.blogspot.com