HOMEABOUT CONTACTLINKLOVE

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Heading out to Pismo

Amaze-balls! I was invited by my space cadet BF (he's sweet and means well, but is not very "thoughtful" usually...which I am totally used to and don't USUALLY mind) to go with him, his brother, and some of their rowdy gang, to Pismo Beach this weekend.
They go every year for his brother's bday.  I think because I was slightly annoyed by not being invited fishing last month, he thought to invite me. I thought it was really sweet of him, even though it may not be MY favorite thing to spend a weekend doing.  It will be nice to spend time together. It means taking 2 days off work, which is tough for me to do (especially with such short notice) but I am just gonna do it!

Anyhow..............
The great thing about Pismo is that it is a beachfront camping and OHV (off highway vehicle) riding area.  So it's the beach and camping and riding all rolled into one.  The only negative I can foresee is the sand.  But hey, we'll deal with it.

We're leaving Thursday morning and returning Sunday afternoon. 
Below are a few pics from their trip last year...  This one is driving in to find a spot.  Waves to the right and lots and lots of sand behind! 

2011 Pismo trip

This is a picture of their "camp" last year.  There are no fire pits or boundaries or anything to dictate where to camp so... you just stake a claim in the sand and start unpacking!
2011 Pismo trip

I'm looking forward to a few days of relaxing with no TV, phone, laptop, or work!  I'll have my iPod, my Kindle, and (hopefully) hours of looking at views like this. 
My pic from near Pismo/Central CA Coast last summer

And sunsets like this...
SOURCE
And maybe an evening in town with my BF....
SOURCE

 
We'll see what ends up happening.  I'm just glad I won't be at work for four days!   
I hope every one of you enjoys your weekend, too!  :-) 

 

No comments: