HOMEABOUT CONTACTLINKLOVE

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Ornament Swap!

You may remember a few weeks back I mentioned I was participating in a couple of holiday swaps.  One of them was an ornament swap, and today is reveal day!!

 

Erin and Jessah hosted this swap and I had a lot of fun blog-stalking Elise (who I purchased for) and Crystal (who bought for me!).  Is it weird I stalked my gift giver?  Whatever, you can never have too many blogs to read! ;-)  
Both of my swap mates are sweet ladies and I was excited to shop for an ornament.
Elise recently bought her own home, so I sent her a couple of small holiday decorations for her new place, along with the ornament.  I hope she loves it all! :-)  
(Head over to her blog to see what I got for her!)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Crystal did an excellent job shopping for me.  Is anyone surprised my ornament is green??  Hooray!  :-)  It's a gorgeous crackly green ball with twine around it, it reminds me of one of those glass balls fishermen use.  (Do those have a name?)   I really love the ornament and can't wait to get our tree up (hopefully tomorrow!!) so I can hang it. 

Oh hi, me.

 In addition to the ornament, she sent me a cute little Christmas tree soap, a candy cane, and a lovely card.   
Thank you so much, Crystal! 


 From reading her blog I know Crystal has been going through a lot of tough times trying to have a baby.  I just really appreciate her taking the time to participate in this swap with me.  I'm sure something like this could seem so unimportant and silly when you are dealing with fertility stuff, but I hope it gave her a little time to think about something else.  

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I'm heading over to link my post up and see all the ornaments everyone else got!  Thanks again to Erin and Jessah for hosting. This is a great way to kick of the season! 

12 comments:

Victoria said...

what a cool ornament! and i love me a candy cane :)

happy holidays!

Kim said...

What a great ornament!!

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

Thanks for joining the swap, Cynthia. Cute green ornie (as E woud call it). Happy Holidays!

Unknown said...

Getting caught up on all my ornament posts from the swap! So much fun seeing what everyone got!

Niken said...

that's so exciting. and your ornaments are pretty :)

i don't celebrate christmas, but i've got early christmas presents already. haha

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

Oooo that's a pretty ornament! This was a fun swap! Xo

Lindsay said...

Dropping by from the ornament swap link-up -- I've been loving seeing everyone's ornaments! Yours is just gorgeous!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Such a cute ornament! We had lots of fun with this swap!

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Nicole Marie said...

i love the idea of ornament swaps. next time when i'm in the states for sure!

Brittanylea02 said...

Hi! Just wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Liebster Award :)

Brittany
http://brittscozycorner.blogspot.ca/

Janna Renee said...

I always feel for the bloggers that are struggling with fertility. I was "unable to conceive" last year, but we weren't trying, so there was no struggle and it fixed itself. I hope that they have a positive outcome!

Crystal Marie~ said...

Cynthia.. I am ALIVE!! This time of year is so crazy for me but I have been DYING to read how the ornament worked out for you... I am so glad you like it! It was awesome reading your blog and I will continue to follow you. I wish you a very Merry Christmas and thank you for your kind words about our fertility journey. Here is to a positive, Happy New Year!!

Crystal~

http://findingjoyinthejourney-crystalmarie.blogspot.com/